View the "fnperfect" website here!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Off The Easel!

"Katya" is # 4 in the "fnperfect" series.  Kris Starry of Starry Night Photography first introduced me to Katya through her popular "Bathtub" series. Of course I thought "WOW!, she's perfect and jumped at the chance to draw her and include her in my "INK" series.. I didn't actually meet Katya till after I finished the piece, and quickly began to see what an inspiring woman she was. A mom, a wife, an artist, a curator, and the list seemed to go on, but more impressively she seemed to do all of these things with a vigor and tenacity that you could truly see came from the heart. Which leads me to what many people know her for, her "ArtHeart" shows. Katya bills these shows as: shows that unite friends and artists in order to share our artistic work with the community, with the goal of raising money to benefit charitable organizations. Art with a mission. Art with a heart.

I am privileged, and so excited to have the opportunity to add "Katya" to my "fnperfect" series.
view Katya's artwork at http://www.katyaneptune.com
view Kris Starry's photography at: http://www.starrynightphotography.net


No comments:

Post a Comment